In 1948, Lester and Esther Adams opened their grocery store on the corner of San Vicente Blvd. and Bundy Drive. It was a store that offered shoppers the finest meats, the freshest produce and fair prices throughout. Business thrived and 12 years later the couple envisioned building a larger store on the same property. The 1962 grand reopening marked the beginning of a new era of service, quality, and product selection.
Over the years we have seen establishments come and go. We are grateful to have had the loyal patronage of our local community who have supported the Adams' dream of establishing a market that would offer products of the highest quality coupled with superb and friendly service at a fair price.
Today, Michael Adams, Lester's and Esther's son, is active in the business affairs of Vicente Foods. He has actively managed the company since 1971 and has assembled a management team that is committed to carrying on the traditions of excellence set forth by his family.